A new vision on Real Time Tactics starts today with the Black Talons Kickstarter campaign. Black Talons is a strategy game set in a sci-fi universe, featuring a mercenary commander trying to prevail in a ravaged star system. Black Talons allows the player to manage a whole army with ground soldiers, mechs and a battlecruiser as the base of operations. You will have to fight either in a war of conquest and survival through the galaxy, and also be very careful to protect your reputation. Local factions may join your side recruiting new forces on your army and trading benefits, or become hostile which means… well, serious trouble. Lead your troops, fight your enemies, forge alliances. Watch your back. Survive. (Courtesy Games Press)
- Advanced Diplomacy System. Your reputation will affect your relations with the factions you encounter, allowing you to trade with you or forcing you to fight them.
- Deep campaign mode where player interactions determine the balance of power on the system, leading to completely different gaming experiences.
- Customizable Battlecruiser serving as base of operations, featuring weapons and infrastructures that will boost squad numbers, teleport soldiers or even bomb the battlefield.
- Persistent squads involved in various campaigns, with upgradeable and unique (per class) skill tree for all units.
- Different unit classes with specialized roles: Recon, Tactical, Assault, Support, Engineer.
- Powerful mechs can enter the battlefield with salvaged or bought equipment and weapons.
- 5 worlds with different environments and weather conditions that directly affect the battle.
Check out the Black Talons Kickstarter here. Check out the teaser video below.
Intrigued by Black Talons? Let me know in the comments.