We’ve fabricated a rather haunting poster for you to observe. And in our usual fashion, you may preview a teensie-weensie sample version just to the left of this very text. However… If you click on it, it will grow to a creepy-crawly monstrous size using the powers of the internet!
Major Update Notes:
- Steam Workshop support has been added! You can install mods directly from Steam, and enable and disable them in-game.
- Translations can now be distributed as mods. See sample mod here.
- Many modding API additions including access to world gen, brains, cookpot recipes and more! There is a full list of these changes, as well as other mod-specific changes, over in the modding forum.
- New Level: The Ruins!
- The abandoned ruins of a once great civilization is now in the second level of the Caves.
- Discover the cause of their demise while you explore five new areas within the ruins.
- You will come across ancient clockwork monsters in the ruins.
- The terrifying Ancient Guardian lurks within the labyrinth.
- Beware of ambush! The Dangling Depth Dweller spider has been added.
- New crafting tab: Ancients!
- Discoverable Items:
- Slurper Pelt
- Green Gems
- Broken Clockworks
- Nightmare Lights
- Ancient Pseudoscience Station
- Ornate Chests
- Thulecite Walls
- Wilds Pond
- Craftable Items:
- The Pick/Axe: Dual functionality!
- Magiluminesense: Light the way while keeping your hands and head free for activities!
- The Lazy Explorer: Don’t like walking? This staff is for you!
- Construction Amulet: See all the inefficiencies in your crafting.
- Thulecite Medallion: Track the ebb and flow of ambient magic levels.
- Belt of Hunger: Keep all that important food inside you!
- Thulecite Suit: Protection from things hitting you.
- Thulecite Club: Hit things!
New Game Screen:
- Keep track of your deaths in the new Morgue Screen.
If you’re looking for general update discussion or information on changes surrounding the always incredible community mods, head over to our main thread
What’s in the soundtrack you ask?
Original instrumental music composed and arranged by Vince de Vera and Jason Garner, this soundtrack DLC has 11 tracks presented in magnificent high-quality FLAC and MP3 formats. Fun Fact: You’ll get new tracks as they are released in the game!
Get it Here!
I’m loving the game, and I am looking forward to the update. Have you played Don’t Starve? Are you now interested? Let me know in the comments.